JEA and NSPA will provide up to 50 need-based registration scholarships for San Diego-area students. Each scholarship recipient will receive free registration and a convention T-shirt, and will be invited to a mix‘n mingle reception on Thursday evening to meet the other recipients. Funding for these scholarships may be sponsored.
Priority will be given to students from underrepresented groups and low-income students. To apply, students must complete the application form at the following URL: http://bit.ly/nhscjSDscholarships
Students will be asked to include a written explanation of why they want to attend the convention and how the scholarship would help them. A letter of recommendation from the school media adviser or other school administrator should address the student’s interest in journalism as well as the student’s financial need.
Each scholarship will cover the recipient’s registration fee but not hotel or other expenses. Students attending the convention must be accompanied by a media adviser or other responsible adult.
What you’ll need when you apply
- Publication, student and adviser contact information
- A letter of recommendation from your adviser or administrator
- An explanation as to why you want to attend the convention, and how will it help you.
- An explanation as to what working on a publication staff means to you.
- An explanation as to how you feel journalism affects you now, and how it will continue to do so in the future.
Questions? Contact TeriAnne Libby at email@example.com. Online applications must be received no later than March 21, 2014. Recipients will be notified no later than March 27, 2014.